This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Freshers! Welcome to Nottingham Trent University

Registering with a doctor may not be a priority when moving to university. However it is important to register with a practice in Nottingham. This is due to a multitude of reason such as:

  • if you are ill and need to see a doctor urgently
  • in order to manage your ongoing care if you have a long term condition such as asthma
  • to issue repeat prescriptions for medication

General practitioners are the first point of contact for NHS patients. To be able to register you must:

  • Be registered for a minimum of six months tuition on a university course
  • Be resident within the area covered by the Health Centre

You can register by coming in to collect and fill in a registration forms and health questionnaire and handing it back to usat reception. We then add you as a patient on to our system and you can then make appointments, request medication and more once registered.  

If you change your address, please let us know at reception! 


Students can be more vulnerable to meningitis due to living in close living arrangements. In many cases, young people come together from all over the world to live in one place and can sometimes be exposed to bacteria and viruses their bodies have not met before. This is why so many new students get ‘freshers' flu’. The symptoms of contracting meningitis are similar to those of a hangover- therefore meningitis may not always be detected in the early stages. 

The Student Health Centre offers both the MMR & Meningitis ACWY vaccinations.

You can also see an article released by Public Health England by clicking here this also contains information on the MMR vaccine.

Feeling Stressed, Anxious or Low? 

Trent PTS provide quick and easy access to a range of psychological therapies for free. 

Trent PTS can help with: 


Low self-esteem 

Sleep problems 

Panic attacks 

Eating problems 

Low mood



Obsessions and Compulsions 


Loss, Grief and Bereavement 

Anger problems

You must be registered with a GP within the catchment area to access the service. Your GP can then refer you to this service.  

More Support Services

For access to websites and phone numbers for all sorts of useful services, take a look at our support services. These can also be found in the waiting room and at Reception at the Student Health Centre.  

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website